How to Request Funds from Queer Commission:
- Plan out your event – if you need help organizing an event you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Make a detailed budget – As you plan your event, make a line by line budget of what you will need for your event. Organize it by the type of item you will need to purchase (e.g. Speakers, Publicity, Decorations, ect…)
- Email your budget to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday and then attend our meeting on Monday at 7:00pm to present your budget. After presenting, you are more than welcome to stay for the remainder of the meeting but it is not mandatory.
- You will be contacted the following day with an update on your funding request.
Expectations and Stipulations
Expectations: Have a good grasp of the event you are planning, and be able to answer these questions.
- Where are you getting your supplies?
- What other ways are you seeking funding?
- What collaborations are being made?
- And event details: who, what, when, where, and why?
- Fundraising will be expected from all organizations.
- Attendance to leadership and org meetings.
- Collaboration is strongly encouraged.
And if you have any questions or need more clarification please e-mail us at email@example.com
Alternative Funding Sources
- Finance Board
- AS CAB
- AS IVCRC
- AS Program Board
- AS SCORE
- AS STUDENT LOBBY
- Academic Departments
- Women’s Center
- Vice Chancellor
- After Dark