How to Request Funds from Queer Commission:
- Plan out your event – if you need help organizing an event you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a detailed budget – As you plan your event, make a line by line budget of what you will need for your event. Organize it by the type of item you will need to purchase (e.g. Speakers, Publicity, Decorations, etc…)
- Submit your budget and event plan using the link below by Sunday evening and then attend our weekly Monday meeting to present your budget. After presenting, you are more than welcome to stay for the remainder of the meeting to learn more about what we do but your attendance is not mandatory.
- You will be contacted within 24 hours of the meeting with an update on your funding request.
Submit your funding request here or click the image to the right.
Have a good grasp of the event you are planning, and be able to answer these questions.
- Where are you getting your supplies?
- What other ways are you seeking funding?
- What collaborations are being made?
- Event details: who, what, when, where, and why?
- Fundraising will be expected from all organizations.
- Attendance to leadership and org meetings.
- Collaboration is strongly encouraged.
And if you have any questions or need more clarification please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Alternative Funding Sources
- Finance Board
- AS Community Affairs Board (CAB)
- AS Isla Vista Community Relations Committee (IVCRC)
- AS Program Board
- AS S.C.O.R.E
- AS STUDENT LOBBY
- Academic Departments
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- MultiCultural Center (MCC)
- University Center
- Women’s Center
- Office of the Chancellor
- Office of the Vice Chancellor
- Residential Housing Association (RHA)
- After Dark